If you’re a fan of the hit TV show Family Guy, and let’s face it, who isn’t? Then you’ll be thrilled to know you can enjoy each episode and combine it with drinking and friends with the Family Guy drinking game.
Like with any drinking game, the rules are simple. They’re so simple that you can make them yourself.
In this guide, I will give you some inspiration of rules you can use regarding when and what to drink, and of course, talk about how you can enjoy the game while playing responsibly.
So whether you’re a seasoned fan or a newbie, the family guy drinking game is a great way to have fun, liven up a night in, and enjoy time with friends.
So, let’s find out how to play.
What You’ll Need to Play The Family Guy Drinking Game?
The great thing about drinking games is that you do not need much to play. Grab your drinking buddies, pour your favorite drinks, and stream Family Guy.
If you want to add even more humor to your night, I recently purchased these shot glasses. They’re a great way to impress your friends and put a smile on everyone’s face.
And that’s that. You’re ready to play.
When to Drink
So, now you’ve got friends and drinks sorted, all that’s left to do is hit play on your favorite episode of Family Guy and get drinking.
As I said, you can pretty much make up your own rules, but I thought I’d give you some inspiration with some ideas that I use when playing.
- The evil monkey appears
- When someone drinks or takes drugs
- When Stewie uses some form of technology
- When Ernie (the giant chicken) arrives
- When someone dies
- If someone’s mean to Meg
- When someone throws up
- When Herbert attempts to seduce Chris
- Whenever there’s a 911 joke
- If characters reference another TV show, like Bob’s Burgers
- When they talk about an obscure celebrity
- When Surfin’ Bird plays
- When Superman appears
- Whenever there’s violence
- When someone spies on a woman in the toilet
- Quagmire hits on someone
- Mayor West mentions his cat
- Brian had a strong drink
- Louis scolds someone
- Peter fights Ernie
- There’s a song
- William Shatner makes an appearance
- Stewie gets a weapon
- There’s a flashback
- Characters in the Drunken Clam
- There’s a random cut scene
- Stewie shouts out, “Victory is mine!”
- Joe says, “Let’s do this.”
Rules And Gameplay
There are tons of variations of the Family Guy drinking game, and the world is your oyster when it comes to rules.
For example, for the die-hard fans, you have a rule that whenever a song breaks out, players must sing at least one line correctly, and if they fail, they have to take a drink.
Safety And Drinking Games
I don’t mean to sound like a party pooper, but of course, there are some safety rules you should put into place and adhere to whenever playing any drinking game. Let’s see.
- Stay Hydrated: When drinking significant amounts of alcohol, staying hydrated is vital. I like to alternate between alcohol and water throughout the night to prevent dehydration.
- Fill Up: Make sure you eat plenty before you start to line your stomach. As it’s a social gathering, you could order pizza, and then when you’re done playing Family Guy, you can play the pizza box game too.
- Pace Yourself: Try to stay focused. To avoid doing so, you can have different-sized drinks for different parts. For example, only sip your drink for the parts that occur frequently, and save the shots for the rarer scenes.
- No Peer Pressure: If you see someone who doesn’t want to join in, don’t pressure them to do so, and the same goes for yourself, don’t feel pressured by others to keep going when you’ve had enough.
- Know Your Limits: Don’t feel you must keep up with everyone else at the party. After all, everyone has different tolerance levels when it comes to alcohol. Know yours, and stick to it.
The Family Guy drinking game is an excellent way to enhance the entertainment at your next social gathering, and the best part is you can customize the game as it suits you.
This game has so many variations, so it will never get boring. However, if you fancy changing things up, why not try the Harry Potter drinking game and bring some magic to your night?
Don’t forget the boring bit. Play safe. Always ensure you’re with people you trust and have a safe way to get home when playing drinking games, and remember to stay hydrated throughout the night and not pressure others.
So, as Peter would say, have a freakin’ sweet time; I’ll catch you on the flip side.