If you want to increase your energy at your next social gathering, I might just have the answer with the Titanic Drinking game.
The game can be played with any size group, so it’s perfect for parties, and the best part is you’ll need very little equipment to play, music to your ears, suitable? But I’ll tell you more about that shortly.
As you’ve probably guessed, the game revolves around sinking, except instead of a colossal ship, your drink drops to the ocean floor (or the bottom of a beer glass, same thing).
Let’s delve deeper.
What You’ll Need to Play? The Titanic Drinking Game
As I’ve already touched upon, you’ll need little to enjoy the Titanic drinking game. In fact, all you’ll need is:
- A Large Beer Glass: To represent the ocean
- Alcohol: To represent the water
- Liquor: Also known as the iceberg
- A Shot Glass: The Titanic
It’s really down to you what kind of booze you choose. I usually get a good mixture in, especially if I’m playing with a larger group, so there’s something for everyone, perhaps some beer, vodka, mixers, and something strong and sour for your shots if you want to shock your friends.
If you’re playing the traditional Korean drinking game, you could also include soju to make things more authentic.
Now you’ve got everything you need, let’s get you set up. You’ll need to fill up the beer glass so it’s half full, and place a shot glass inside, so it’s floating.
Now, get your liquor or sours ready.
How to Play Titanic Drinking Game?
This part is straightforward, so don’t worry; you’re not about to read a lengthy rule book.
The rules are simple: within your group, each person takes turns pouring a small amount of liquor into the shot glass, one by one. As the shot glass becomes full, eventually, it will fall to the bottom of the “ocean,” and the ship will have been sunk.
Whoever poured this fatal blow will be the one to drink the entire contents of the beer glass.
And that’s how it’s done.
You can play this game for as many rounds as you like. However, it may become repetitive after a while, in which case, it is time to order a pizza and play the pizza box drinking game to keep everyone engaged and entertained.
When you hear the term “Titanic” drinking game, you might think about watching the movie while enjoying a few drinks and taking sips of your drink when something happens on screen.
If that’s the version you’re looking for, here are a few ideas for when to drink to inspire you.
- Rose calls out, “Jack.”
- Someone is smoking
- The theme tune plays
- The heart of the ocean is on the screen
- Someone goes overboard
- There’s a romantic scene
- The Captain is on screen
- The musicians play on the deck
- Cal is cruel or tells a lie
The Safety Section
Now I can’t go around advising people to play drinking games without warning you about their dangers, so below are some helpful tips you can follow to ensure everyone at your party remains safe and in control throughout.
- Stay Hydrated: Ensure everyone has a glass of water to hand during any drinking game, and encourage people to drink it between alcoholic beverages.
- Eat Something: The pizza can help with this, but if you decide against that, try to eat before you begin drinking and offer up some nibbles if you’re the host.
- Designated Driver: Plan your way home at the start of the night, whether that’s a designated driver, pre-booked cab, or a trusted friend or family member to come and collect you.
- Know Your Limits: Don’t go overboard; if you feel like you’ve had enough to drink, stop.
- No Peer Pressure: Try not to pressure others to keep up with you, even if you’re joking, and the same goes for you, don’t feel pressured by other people to do anything you’re uncomfortable with.
So, there you have not just one but two ways to play the Titanic drinking game. So what are you waiting for? Grab your friends, get the beers, and get trying to sink that ship!
But remember, always play drinking games safely, don’t succumb to peer pressure, and know you’re limited. Now you know how to play this, why not check out some more excellent party games?