Aladdin is one of Disney’s most popular movies. Released in 1992, the animated movie has fans from all around the world. But did you know about the Aladdin drinking game? This simple, fun drinking game is an internet staple and a great way to spend an afternoon with friends!
What is the Aladdin Drinking Game?
The rapid growth of the internet meant many games found new audiences. This is especially true when it comes to drinking games. Most people know Stack Cup and Ring of Fire, but movie and TV drinking games were a bit of an oddity.
But with the internet, these games found new audiences, and now they are very well known. The rules of the Aladdin drinking game are pretty simple. Simply start the movie, and every time specific things happen on the screen, you should drink.
Games like this are very common these days. The relatively recent Netflix documentary.
Tiger King even became a drinking game after just a few days. This game is essentially just watching Aladdin but with drinking involved!
What’s not to enjoy about that? There are even numerous rulesets you can use, and some even add new elements to the game. There is no right or wrong way to play this game, and most drinking games are designed to be quite relaxed.
We’ll outline some fun rule sets you can use below, but like in Monopoly, you can easily make your own house rules too! But before we look at the rules, let’s take a quick look at what you’ll need to play the Aladdin drinking game.
What You’ll Need to Play?
To play the Aladdin drinking game, you need a way to watch the movie and some alcohol. You can easily get Aladdin on DVD, but it’s also available to stream on Disney+. Once you’ve got the film ready, you can start playing, but make sure you check out our rules section below.
Rules and Gameplay
Here is what you need to know about the rules of the Aladin Drinking Games.
The Aim of The Game
This is a drinking game, so the only aim is to have fun! You can add a competitive element to the game and even separate people into teams if you like. Of course, we recommend the Aladdin drinking game to fans of the movie.
But even that isn’t strictly necessary. In fact, it can be a lot of fun to watch a movie for the first time as a drinking game.
One of the good things about movie-based drinking games, such as the Shrek movie drinking game, is that they are easy to set up. All you need to do is get the movie ready and make sure drinks are within easy reach. Make sure everyone knows the rules and agrees to them first, though.
Playing The Alladin Drinking Game
You can use many different rule sets when playing the Aladdin drinking game. We’ll outline some of our favorites in this guide. But no matter which rules you use, the game will likely follow a similar pattern.
People will drink if they see something happen on-screen or if they do something while watching. This is a Disney movie, so it is almost a given that you’ll have to drink if you start singing along.
We recommend splitting the movie up if you don’t want to drink too much in one sitting. Let’s take a look at some of the rules you can use.
Aladdin Drinking Game Rules 1
- Drink anytime Aladdin is called something other than his name.
- Drink anytime someone mentions the “Lamp.”
- Drink anytime Abu steals something.
- Drink whenever someone starts flying on the magic carpet.
- Drink whenever Genie grants a wish.
- Drink whenever Iago is seen complaining or plotting.
Aladdin Drinking Game Rules 2
- Drink whenever you start singing along.
- Drink whenever you laugh during the movie.
- Drink whenever there is a fight scene.
- Drink if you quote one of the characters.
- Drink whenever Aladdin is insulted.
- Drink whenever you see Jaraf plotting.
Aladdin Drinking Game Rules 3
- Drink whenever the Genie transforms.
- Drink whenever the Sultan’s castle is seen.
- Take a drink if you make it to the credits.
- Drink whenever Aladdin is called a street rat.
- Drink whenever Jafar uses his magic.
- Drink whenever Rajah roars or attacks someone.
Competitive Drinking Rules
You can easily make the Aladdin drinking game a bit more competitive. With these rules, players will need to pay more attention to each other. Every time someone breaks a rule, they will need to take a drink and should draw a line on a bar graph. Once the credits roll, the player who broke the most rules will need to take another sip.
- Take a drink if you sing along to one of the songs.
- Take a drink if you laugh at any point.
- Take a drink if you quote one of the characters.
The Aladdin Live-Action Remake
Disney made their own live-action remake of Aladdin in 2019, and it also makes a fun drinking game! If you feel like giving this movie a watch, you can even use the animated version in your rules. We’ve listed a few drinking rules you can follow below.
- Drink whenever you see a reference to the animated movie.
- Drink whenever one of the songs begins.
- Drink twice when you hear a new song.
- Drink if you start to sing along.
- Drink whenever the Genie turns blue.
- Drink whenever someone says street rat.
The Aladdin Drinking Game – A Whole New Drinking Game!
The Aladdin drinking game is a great way to spend an afternoon with friends! You can use plenty of different rules, and making your own is quick and easy. Plus, you can even double your fun by watching the live-action movie. If you’re feeling brave, you could even tackle one of the original movie’s sequels.